PIZZA who will not want to treat themselves with pizza. Yes pizza is a favourite meal relished by everyone, except my husband. Yes would you all believe he doesn’t like it. He is not a fan of pasta or pizza or any of the cheeses. A big no no to all this. But me and kids like it a lot and yes I have tried several times making pizza at home (when hubby travels).
Initially when I started to bake, lot of things were blank and vague. As they say you learn it from your mistakes is what happened to me. The first time I made I spread the pizza dough directly on the parchment paper without sprinkling any flour on it and it all got stuck to it after baking. Then another time I added more sugar to the dough and it tasted sweet. I think we all learn from our mistakes. So making mistakes improve our capability and after that we never do that same mistake. Hope all will agree.
Follow my step by step pictures and make the dough, you will get a no-fail pizza dough for sure. Await two more pizzas and a garlic breadstick recipe soon. Hope you all will try and let me know how much you liked it.
Cuisine: World | Category: Baking/Pizza | Prep time: 10 mins| Rest Time: 1 hour | Makes: 2 medium sized | Recipe Source: thekitchn
- All-Purpose Flour/Maida – 2 Cups
- Lukewarm Water – 3/4 th Cup
- Active Dry Yeast – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 1 1/2 tsp.
- Sugar – 1 tsp.
- Take all your ingredients ready.
- Take lukewarm water, add sugar and yeast and mix it well. Let it sit for 5 to 10 mins until the mixture becomes foamy.
- Meanwhile measure the flour and add it in a bowl along with salt. Mix the salt into the flour.
- Make a well in the center of the flour. Add the foamy yeast mixture little by little and keep mixing it using a fork. Mix everything until well combined.
- Now sprinkle little flour on the counter and put the mixture and knead it through for 5 to 7 mins. until you get a smooth,non-sticky and elastic dough. It should spring back to the touch.
- Take a bowl and spread little olive oil on the inside and over the dough. Place the dough inside the bowl and cover it with a cling wrap.
- Set aside for an hour in a warm place until the dough doubles in size.
- Now take the dough and punch the air out and divide it into 2 equal portions.
- The Pizza Dough is ready to be used to make yummy Pizza’s.
Note : I used the organic unbleached flour. It came out well. You can use the normal All-Purpose Flour also.
If you feel the dough is watery then you need to add little flour and knead it into a smooth and non sticky dough.
The water should be lukewarm and not hot. Warm to the touch.
Don’t add the salt to the yeast as it will not allow the yeast to work.
You can make two medium pizzas using this dough.
Either make the pizza’s on the same day or you can store it in a ziplog bag in the freezer section for future use. When you need to make pizzas thaw it overnight in the fridge and then over the counter for one hour before making the pizzas. (This should be done only after allowing the dough to double)
The Pizza Dough is ready. Make pizzas immediately using this dough or freeze them to use it later. Try and let me know if you liked it.