Yet again am posting another pizza recipe. Not getting enough pizza. Yes this is a Hawaiian Chicken Pizza. Hawaiian Pizza is a pizza that usually consists of pineapple chunks along with ham/bacon or chicken. It generally can be modified according to ones liking. The chicken used can be marinated with just salt and pepper or can go creative like I have done. I just marinated the chicken using the tikka masala. It’s spicy and the combination with the pineapple chunks gives a complete yummy taste.
I have had the Hawaiian Chicken Pizza in Pizza Hut. So I wanted to try some version of that so chose to do this combination. After the Pizza dough is made I divided them to make two pizza’s. One was a normal Cheese Pizza with just the Pizza Sauce and cheese. We all like thin crust so I try to roll the dough out thin.
Hope you all will try and let me know how much you liked it.
Cuisine: World | Category: Baking/Pizza | Prep time: 10 mins| Bake Time: 10 to 15 mins. | Makes: 1 medium sized | Baking Temp: 250 degree C
- Pizza Dough – Using 1 cup of flour (or half of the measurements used to make the Pizza Dough)
- Olive oil – As needed
- Pizza Sauce – 2 tbsp.
- Oregano – A Dash
- Basil – A Dash
- Pepper – Few twist in the pepper mill
- Chilli Flakes – A sprinkle (If needed – Optional)
- Chicken – 3/4 Cup Boneless Cubes (Marinated in chicken tikka masala)
- Pineapple Chunks – 1/2 Cup (Or a bit more accordingly)
- Cheese – Mozzarella & Cheddar( According to one’s liking)
- Take all your ingredients ready.
- Take the chicken cubes, pat dry and marinate the chicken with tikka masala along with some ginger garlic paste and yogurt. Add enough salt. Let it sit for one hour in the refrigerator.
- Make the Pizza Dough and the Pizza Sauce.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250 degree Celcius.
- Take the pizza pan for baking and add parchment paper over it and set aside.
- After the Pizza dough doubles in size punch the air and then divide it into two equal portions.
- Take one portion of the dough. Sprinkle flour on the counter/board and start spreading the dough either by using the fingers or a rolling pin, into thin layer as required.
- Lift the spread dough to the baking pan and then continue.
- Now poke holes on the dough using a fork.
- Then drizzle some olive oil and spread it over the dough using a brush.
- Now spread the Pizza Sauce over it. Then add the chopped pineapple chunks and the marinated chicken cubes.
- Then add the grated mozzarella & cheddar cheese over it.
- Sprinkle oregano or basil over it or can add both also.
- Now place the pizza pan in the middle of the oven and bake it for 10 to 15 mins or until the cheese looks bubbly and golden brown.
- Yummy Hawaiian Chicken Pizza is ready. Cut them into desired pieces and enjoy.
Note : I spread the dough until I got the desired thickness.
Any marinated version of chicken can be used. Can use just salt and pepper chicken cubes also. Or can use a combination of salt and chili powder. Everything works well in this recipe.
Can sprinkle some corn grits/polenta over the parchment paper before transferring the spread out dough. The flour we use before spreading is also enough.
Can add chili flakes if you want a spicy version.
Add fresh or dried herbs. I added oregano and basil. Instead can add only one.
Add preffered amount of cheese as per your liking.
Cheese can be grated or sliced before adding to the pizza. Fresh mozarella is the best rather than the pre-grated one’s.
Keep an eye on the pizza after 10 mins. As the time might vary according to the oven also.
Storing the Leftover Pizza:
The Left over pizza stays good for three days in the refrigerator. If you think you are not going to consume soon then freeze them in a ziplog bag after it cools. It can stay good for three months in the freezer section. When needed just thaw them in the refrigerator and microwave it for a minute or less/more until warm.
The Hawaiian Chicken(Tikka) Pizza is ready. Try and let me know if you liked it.