Guacamole is a healthy dip made with the wonder fruit Avocado. Avocado has lot of health benefits and its a great dip amidst the dips which use cheese and fresh cream. This is a guilt free dip to be enjoyed. Its a wholesome breakfast with tortilla chips. It’s so easy to prepare and for sure anyone who don’t like the avocado as it is also will enjoy this for sure as it has lot of flavors ( like my hubby).
Avocado’s creamy texture makes the dip rich and creamy. No need to add any fresh cream or cheese to it.
Hope you all will try. Let me know if you liked it.
Cuisine: Mexican | Category: Dips | Prep time: 10 to 15 mins | Serves: 4
- Avocado – 1 ripe (large)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Green chili – 1 (Deseeded and chopped finely-can increase if you like spicy)
- Lime juice – (of) 1 small
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp. (finely chopped)
- Take all the ingredients.
- Chop onion, tomato and coriander leaves.
- Slit open the green chili & remove the seeds.
- Finely chop the green chili.
- Cut open the Avocado and scoop the pulp out of its skin.
- Mash them thoroughly with the help of a fork and add the lime juice and salt.
- Now add all the rest of the chopped stuff, i.e., onion, tomato, green chili and coriander leaves.
- Mix everything and adjust the taste accordingly.
- Serve them with some tortilla chips and enjoy guilt free.
Note : The avocado should be ripe. If you get a firm avocado just leave it in your counter to ripe. It should be soft to the touch.
Adding olive oil is also a good idea.
If green chilies are hotter for you then add the fresh big red chilies that are not that hot.
Garlic is another option to add but I don’t like the uncooked garlic smell so I didn’t use them.
Adding lime juice is a must as it will avoid the color change of avocado. Try to finish the dip, storing in refrigerator is not advisable. It changes its color and doesn’t look appetizing.
You can serve them with some toasted bread, soup sticks, some vegetables cut finger size. Its a good starter for any get together.
The Guacamole is ready to be served with any chips.