Buttermilk – It’s nothing but yogurt diluted with water. Yes it is the best drink had during summer. It quenches the thirst and gives all the vital good bacteria needed to the body. Adding flavour to the buttermilk makes it more tasty. Its a trend to take fresh juice when you go out for shopping in the sun, but having buttermilk is a very apt option. Its a very very easy recipe but I wanted to share the recipe from my kitchen. Churning this buttermilk takes only few minutes.
Hope you all will try and let me know how much you liked it.
Cuisine: South Indian | Category: Drink | Prep time: 5 mins | Serves: 2
- Yogurt/Curd – 1/4 cup (Can take skimmed or whole)
- Water – 1 1/2 cup water (adjust water depending on the sourness of the yogurt)
- Hing – two pinches (only a pinch for a cup)
- Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp.
- Curry Leaves – 5 leaves (torn to pieces)
- Take all your ingredients ready.
- Take the Yogurt/Curd in a vessel.
- Add 1 1/2 cup water and mix everything well.
- Now add hing, salt and mix well.
- Finally add the cumin seeds(Crush them in between your fingers and then add) and curry leaves.
- Check the taste and serve them in glasses either chilled or normal.
Note : Can add more yogurt if you want. If the yogurt is store bought it can be either full fat or skimmed. But homemade is the best.
Adding hing gives a lot of flavour. But don’t add more than a pinch for a cup as it is over powering & will spoil the taste of the yogurt.
Curry Leaves gives a lot of flavour and do add them after just tearing.
Can add chopped coriander also.
Cumin seeds adding whole is good, but if you don’t want then can add little roasted cumin powder.
The Neer Mooru/Flavoured Buttermilk is ready to be served. Enjoy this thrist quenching and healthy drink during summer. Try and let me know if you liked it.