Carrot Soup – It’s the variety of thick soups. The body of the soup is obtained from carrots and some potato. It is so easy to make and can be served as a meal with some garlic bread or toast. I like this soup warm and thick not runny. But the consistency can be varied according to one’s taste. I make this soup for my kids as an after school meal.
Do try and let me know if you liked it.
Cuisine: World | Category: Soup Recipes/Kids Special | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 4
- Butter – 1/2 tbsp.
- Carrot – 4 Nos. Big Sized (Rough Chopped)
- Potato – 2 Nos. Medium Sized (Rough Chopped)
- Onion – 2 Nos. Small Sized (Rough Chopped – I used one medium and few shallots)
- Tomato – 2 Nos. Medium sized (Rough Chopped)
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp. (Dried)
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp.
- Pepper – Few twist in the pepper mill (Increase or Decrease accordingly)
- Vegetable Bouillon – 1 Cube (Replace with 1 cup of vegetable stock instead)
- Salt as needed
METHOD with VISUAL CLICKS
Note : Adding butter gives a nice aroma to the onions and the whole soup itself. Can add olive oil instead of butter.
Adding potato gives a creaminess to the soup. Don’t skip it.
Coriander leaves gives a nice aroma to the whole soup. Can add a bit more than mentioned also.
The consistency of the carrot soup can be adjusted according to one’s preference. Add warm milk or just hot water to adjust the consistency.
I have used one cube of the vegetable bouillon. That has no MSG so its a healthy. If you don’t have it doesn’t matter can skip that or can add a cup of vegetable stock.
Enjoy the Carrot Soup with garlic bread or any toast. Try and let me know if you liked it.