Tutti Fruity is something all of us would have heard of a lot many times, but would have had no clue to what it is made up of. Tutti Fuity is made with raw papaya. It is a candied sweet used in fruit cakes, ice-creams. They have these tutti fruity’s as a topping for ice-creams. It tastes heaven on top of ice-creams or on sweets.
It’s very easy to make at home itself. Generally we tend to buy these stuff. This is not very expensive to be made at home. Now lets see how to prepare it.
Cuisine: Indian | Category: Sweets| Prep time:10mins | Cook time: 20 mins
- Raw papaya – 1 medium sized(2 cups approx.)
- Sugar – 1 1/2 cup
- Water – 2 Cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
- Remove the skin and the inner layer of the raw papaya & cut them into small cubes.
- Boil 3 cups of water and blanche the cubed raw papaya for about 3mins.
- After 3mins switch off the stove and let it remain covered for another 5mins.
- Now drain the water.
- Lets make the sugar syrup by dissolving the sugar in water @ low flame.
- After the sugar dissolves in water add the blanched papaya cubes and boil till u attain a one string consistency. It will take around 20 to 25 mins.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Take different colours in different bowls and add the papaya cubes along with the syrup in equal amounts.
- Mix the colours in all the bowls and let it stay for almost 12 hrs or leave it overnight. Leaving it overnight allows it to absorb the colour well.
- After 12hrs strain the syrup and then allow them to dry in a wire mesh for almost 24 to 48hrs. It has to become nice crispy. Now its ready to use it in cakes and other desserts.
NOTE : The time to dry depends on the outside temperature. For me it took 2 days as in Nairobi it is raining mostly. In India maybe it might dry soon as it is summer. W need to dry them inside the house not directly under sun. It stays good for almost three to four weeks if they dry completely.
Await my tutti fruity recipes soon.