This is a masala which is easy to make and is yummy. I believe all the ingredients needed for this recipe will be available in all of our kitchen pantries mostly. It goes real well with any sambar & rice or rasam & rice combo.
Cuisine: Indian(South) | Category: Side Dishes for Rice | Prep time:15mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 4
- Potato – 1 cup(cut as shown in the pic)
- Carrot – 1 cup(cut as shown)
- Onion – 1
- Garlic pods – 6(small, crushed with skin)
- Sambar powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt – As needed
- Fennel – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and temper fennel, urad dal & curry leaves.
- Now add onion and sauté.
- Add potato and stir for few mins.
- Add carrot & stir for few mins.
- After both carrot and potato gets cooked add salt and sambar powder.
- Mix well and let it cook until it’s all tender.
- Crush the garlic pods with its skin and add it to the masala.
- Let it cook until the garlic gets cooked.
- Now the masala is ready to be served.