Bread Masala is a quick fix in our daily busy mornings. It’s so easy to prepare and makes life easier in the morning rush hours. It also gives a break from our usual Idly/Dosa/Roti options. Its not only easy to prepare but is definitely a tasty recipe to try it out.
This recipe is a great lunch box idea. It can be a super tea time snack as well.
Hope you all will try and let me know how much you liked it.
Cuisine: Indian(South) | Category: Breakfast Ideas | Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 1
- Bread – 2(toasted and cut into 1″ cubes)
- Onion – 1 small sized(finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 small sized(finely chopped)
- Red chili pdr.- 1/2 tsp. (reduce/increase according to taste)
- Salt as needed
- Mustard/Kadugu – Less than 1/4 tsp.
- Urad dal – 1 tsp.
- Curry leaves – few leaves
- Toast the bread in the toaster.
- Cut them into 1″ pieces and set aside.
- Chop onion, tomato & get all your ingredients ready.
- Take oil in a pan and temper mustard and urad dal along with few curry leaves.
- Now add the onion and salt. Saute them till translucent.
- After that add tomato and saute until they become mushy.
- Add the red chili powder. Mix until the raw smell goes.
- Now add the bread pieces and mix everything well umtil the masala coats all the pieces well.
- Check the taste and adjust accordingly.
- Serve them with a cup of tea or coffee.
Note : Toasting the bread gives a crisp texture. If we don’t toast them they become a bit soggy.
I have just showed the recipe for two breads you can do for more.
The Bread Masala is ready to be served. Serve them with a cup of tea or coffee. Try and let me know if you liked it.