Avocado – It’s called butter fruit in chennai. Yes I have never heard off or seen this fruit until we shifted to Cairo, Egypt. Yes I started with making Guacamole, a dip for tortilla chips. At that time I was carrying my little one and I started adding avocado to my cereals, owing to its health benefits. My elder boy loves it a lot. From then my search for Avocado recipes has increased. Am so eager to try new recipes using avocado and this is one of the recipes my sister gave me.
Avocado is loaded with lots of nutrients . It has antioxidants, heart friendly mono saturated fatty acids and many more nutritional value. It’s so creamy that it’s so filling also. All of us would have had Spaghetti or Pasta with lot of creamy sauces, but am sure this will definitely inspire you.
Avocado’s are cheap in Nairobi and why not try new recipes with this wonder fruit.
OK. Lets get to the recipe.
Cuisine: World(Italian) | Category: Spaghetti/Pasta Recipes| Prep time: 10 to 15 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 3 to 4
- Spaghetti – one handful
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Garlic – 3 Cloves (finely chopped)
- Cabbage – 1 cup (Chopped medium sized)
- Carrot – 1/2 cup (Chopped lengthwise)
- Beans – 1/2 cup (Chopped 1/2″ size)
- Chicken – 1 Breast piece (cubed)
- Parmesan cheese – to garnish (optional)
- Salt as needed.
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp. or more
- Avocado – 1
- Coriander – 2 tbsp. (roughly chopped)
- Pepper – 1 tsp.
- Mixed herbs – 1 tbsp. (dried)
- Lets prepare all the vegetables and chicken and get all the other ingredients ready.
- Take a deep bottomed vessel and boil water and add required amount of salt & oil to it.
- When the water comes to a rolling boil add a handful of spaghetti and allow it to cook according to the package instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti and run cold water on it to avoid spaghetti to stick to each other.
- Now take olive oil in a vessel and fry the chopped garlic until golden.
- Add the chopped veggies one by one and saute for few mins each. First beans, carrot and then cabbage.
- Meanwhile cut open an avocado and remove the pit and scoop the flesh.
- In a blender add pepper and powder them for a min.
- Now add coriander leaves, dried herbs and avocado pieces to it and make a smooth paste by adding olive oil to it.
- Avocado sauce is ready.
- After the veggies get half cooked add the cubed chicken pieces to it.
- Saute until the chicken gets cooked and then add required amount of salt for the veggies.
- Finally add the cooked spaghetti and mix everything well.
- Now switch the stove and wait till the spaghetti cools down.
- After it gets cooled add the avocado sauce and mix everything well.
- Add grated parmesan cheese if you like.
NOTE: Add the avocado sauce in the end after the spaghetti gets cooled, as it retains all the nutrients of avocado. Cooking might destroy them.
Any vegetable can be added according to your choice.
If you want to make a vegetarian version you can omit chicken.
Can use any other pasta also.
Preparing The Spaghetti:
Making Avocado Sauce:
Creamy Avocado Spaghetti is ready to be served. This is a wholesome dish. Do leave your comments if you liked it.