Chinese Cuisine is another must go for all of us in our family. We all love the dishes and tofu is our all time favorite. Chinese fried rice is the easiest to make. After staying in Malaysia for 8 years I have developed a taste for this cuisine. The authentic version is the best, but no wonder while I cook I try to add more spice to the dish and make it more Indo-Chinese. When we go for holidays to Malaysia our must do list will have a visit to the Chinese Chicken Rice shop, eating tofu fa from the road side van, maagi mee goreng from the mamak shop and lot more. General thumb rule for a Chinese rice is to add equal amount of rice and vegetables for a fried rice.
Cooking Chinese dishes are the easiest and it just needs very little time to cook. Only the chopping time will be more. You can make cauliflower Manchurian with this and enjoy a Chinese lunch.
Hope you all will try and let me know how much you liked it.
Cuisine: Chinese | Category: Rice Varieties/Chinese Recipes | Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 30 mins(Including making of rice)
| Serves: 3 to 4
- Sesame Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp.
- Rice – 1 cup
- Water – 1 1/2 cup
- Carrot – 1 cup (chopped small as shown)
- Corn kernels – 1/2 cup (Either fresh or frozen)
- Cabbage – 1 1/2 cup (Chop little big as shown)
- Dark Soy Sauce – 1/4 tsp.
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp.
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp. (can increase or decrease according to taste)
- Spring Onion – 2 to 3 springs
- Take all your ingredients.
- Soak the rice for 20 – 30 mins.
- Chop carrot and cabbage and get everything else ready.
- Transfer the soaked rice into a pressure cooker and add 1 1/2 cup water.
- Close the cooker and cook for 1 whistle in high flame and 2 whistles in medium flame.
- Switch off the flame and then open when the pressure releases.
- Fluff the rice using a fork and allow it to cool completely.
- Now take sesame oil in a pan. Allow it to smoke.
- Add the chopped carrot and cook for few mins. or until half done.
- Then add the corn kernels. Cook for few mins.
- Now add the chopped cabbage and cook until all the vegetables are cooked but still crunchy, approx. until 75 % done.
- Add salt, black pepper powder and dark soya sauce and mix everything well.
- Time to add the fluffed rice. Mix everything well.
- Finally add sugar and give it a toss.
- Check taste and then add the chopped spring onion and switch off the stove.
- Chinese veg.Fried Rice is ready and it can be served with any other Chinese side dish.
Note: Soaking the rice is must, as it helps in getting the long grain. Cooking rice to the correct consistency is very important.
The quantity of all vegetables together and rice should be the same.
If using light soya sauce then add more amount and if using sweet soy sauce then no need to add the sugar at the end.
If adding dark soy sauce don’t add too much of it.
Instead of black pepper powder you can add white pepper powder.
Corn kernels can be either fresh or frozen. If using fresh just add it directly. If using frozen wash it with running cold water and then add it.
You can add capsicum and other vegetables of your choice.
No need to add ajino moto. Without that itself it tastes great.
Chinese Veg. Fried Rice is ready to be served. Serve it with any other Chinese dish. I served it with cauliflower Manchurian and stir fried vegetables.