Chocolate Cake – Will anyone say no to it. Yes this is a very moist and decadent cake. You will comeback for a piece until it is over. Yes I had had the same experience. I adapted this recipe from this website. When I see recipes in fb I save them immediately to try it out later and this was a recipe like that. To say its a lovely cake and it is a single bowl recipe and is a single layer cake. No fuss in making this, a person who don’t know baking also can make this easily. Ok too much of praise is not good for health. Today is the day of my first post last year and am in a celebration mood. For sure am happy to be in the blogging world. There are lot of blogs out there but am I making a difference is something else to worry about now. Am happy for whatever appreciation am getting.
Lets get to the making of the cake. I frosted it with the chocolate pudding recipe. It is not that sweet so it is definitely enjoyable. Use a good quality cocoa powder to attain the best results.
Hope you all will try and let me know how much you liked it.
- All Purpose Flour – 3/4 Cup
- Cocoa Powder – 1/3 Cup
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp.
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Brown Sugar – 1/2 Cup
- Egg – 1No.
- Buttermilk – 1/2 Cup
- Brewed Coffee – 1/2 Cup
- Vanilla Extract/Essence – 1 tsp.
- Oil – 1/4 Cup
- Take all your ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C.
- Grease and dust a 9″ round cake pan.
- Take a bowl and add sugar, oil, egg, buttermilk, brewed coffee and vanilla.
- Whisk everything together until combined.
- Now sieve the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the same bowl.
- Fold everything until well combined.
- The batter will be thin.
- Transfer the batter into the pan and bake it atleast 28 to 30 mins. until a skewer or a fork inserted comes clean.
- Wait till the cake cools in the pan and then transfer it to a wire rack. Cool the cake completely and then apply the frosting on top. Top it with some rainbow colored vermicelli or chocolate shavings or chocolate chips or even nuts of your choice.
Note: Don’t panic the batter is slightly thin than normal.
Let the egg and buttermilk be in room temperature.
If you cannot get buttermilk just add 1/2 tsp vinegar to 1/2 cup normal milk.
Sieve the flour and cocoa as they may have lumps.
Can use vanilla essence or extract.
Brewed coffee can be the filter coffee you make or just add a tsp of instant coffee to 1/2 cup of water and make it.
Grease the pan with butter and dust with flour. This helps the cake to come out easily. You can brush the bottom and sides of the pan with butter and place a parchment paper also.
Frosting the cake is of your choice. I have frosted it using the chocolate pudding recipe. Can also frost it using chocolate ganache.
Chocolate Cake is ready to be served. Enjoy this moist and delicious cake. Let me know if you liked it.