Generally we cook the pizza sauce before applying tothe pizza dough. This is a pizza sauce which needs no cooking, it gets cooked along with the pizza and has lot of flavours. This sauce can be used over pizza’s and in the busy morning while packing lunch can use this on the pasta’s as well. It’s easy to make and you will not regret making this for sure.
Do check the pizza dough recipe to make the perfect dough for a weekend dinner. This sauce can be refrigerated for a week or freezed for upto 3 months.
Hope you all will try and let me know how much you liked it.
Cuisine: World | Category: Sauces & Dips | Prep time: 15 mins | Recipe Source: thekitchn
- Tomatoes – 5 Nos.
- Garlic – 2 Cloves
- Balsamic Vinegar (Or Vinegar) – 3/4 th tsp.
- Pepper – A few twist (According to taste)
- Salt – As Needed
- Olive oil
- Get all your ingredients ready.
- Take the toamtoes(ripe) and make a cross on the backside of them.
- In a vessel take water and allow it to come to a boil and add the tomatoes.
- Allow it to cook until the skin peels off. Then take the tomatoes out and allow it to cool. After it cools peel the skin.
- Cut the peeled tomatoes roughly and add it in the blender along with garlic and balsamic vinegar.
- Add a dash of olive oil.
- Make a puree out of it and add required amount of salt to it.
- Finally add the freshly crushed pepper to taste.
- Pizza Sauce is ready and it can be used on the pizza’s along with cheese alone or with some toppings and cheese.
Note : Can use fresh tomatoes or canned peeled tomaotes.
Balsamic vinegar can be substituted with normal white vinegar.
This sauce will make a lot, so can freeze it for future use.
Storing the dough:
This sauce can be used for pizza’s and pastas. Defenitely it will be more and so put them in a ice cube tray and allow it to freeze completely. Then remove it and store it in a ziplog freezer bag. Thaw few pieces in a container overnight whenever needed.
The Pizza Sauce is ready. Make pizzas using this Sauce on the pizza dough with your favourite toppings. Try and let me know if you liked it.