Today the recipe is for an easy Cheese Pizza. This is so easy that if you have made the Pizza Dough and the Pizza Sauce then this Pizza will be ready in 10 to 20 minutes time. My little boy(Santosh) likes this as there is no fuss in the vegetables. It’s always with kids, even my elder one(Harish) is not a fan of olives so he picks them out. Sometimes even the capsicum is taken out. So instead of pulling out vegetables from the pizza, this is going to serve the purpose.
After the Pizza dough is made I divided them to make two pizza’s. We all like thin crust so I try to roll the dough out thin. Another benefit of making the crust thin is, my kids will not throw away the crust ;). So pizza making is as easy as that. We can get creative with the toppings as well. Look out for the chicken pizza recipe next in the blog, inspired from the hawaiian style of pizzas. It has a hint of Indian flavours also.
Hope you all will try and let me know how much you liked it.
Cuisine: World | Category: Baking/Pizza | Prep time: 10 mins| Bake Time: 10 to 15 mins. | Makes: 1 medium sized | Baking Temp: 250 degree C
- Pizza Dough – Using 1 cup of flour (or half of the measurements used to make the Pizza Dough)
- Olive oil – As needed
- Pizza Sauce – 2 tbsp.
- Oregano – A Dash
- Basil – A Dash
- Chilli Flakes – A sprinkle (If needed – Optional)
- Cheese – Mozzarella ( According to one’s liking)
- Take all your ingredients ready.
- Make the Pizza Dough and the Pizza Sauce.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250 degree Celcius.
- Take the pizza pan for baking and add parchment paper over it and set aside.
- After the Pizza dough doubles in size punch the air and then divide it into two equal portions.
- Take one portion of the dough. Sprinkle flour on the counter/board and start spreading the dough either by using the fingers or a rolling pin, into thin layer as required.
- Lift the spread dough to the pan and then continue.
- Now poke holes on the dough using a fork.
- Then drizzle some olive oil and spread it over the dough using a brush.
- Now spread the Pizza Sauce over it and then add the chopped or grated mozzarella cheese over it.
- Sprinkle oregano or basil over it or can add both of them also.
- Now place the pizza pan in the middle of the oven and bake it for 10 to 15 mins or until the cheese looks bubbly and golden brown.
- Yummy Cheese Pizza is ready. Cut them into desired pieces and enjoy.
Note : I spread the dough until I got the desired thickness over it.
Can sprinkle some corn grits/polenta over the parchment paper before transferring the spread out dough. The flour we use before spreading is also enough.
Can add chili flakes if you want a spicy version.
Add fresh or dried herbs. I added oregano and basil. Instead can add only one.
Go creative with the cheeses. Can add any other cheese of your liking along with mozzarella.
The amount of cheese depends on your liking. Want more add more.
Grating also is fine or slice them and add. Fresh mozarella is the best rather than the pre grated one’s.
Keep an eye on the pizza after 7 mins. As the time might vary according to the oven also.
Storing the Leftover Pizza:
The Left over pizza stays good for three days in the refrigerator. If you think you are not going to consume soon then freeze them in a ziplog bag after it cools. It can stay good for three months in the freezer section. When needed just thaw them in the refrigerator and microwave it for a minute or less/more until warm.
The Cheese Pizza is ready. Try and let me know if you liked it.