Red Capsicum Sauce is a versatile sauce that can be used in any kind of Pasta/Spaghetti/Beans/Pizza Sauce or even as a dip. I even had put them in between my sandwitches and enjoyed. It’s so yummy that you won’t regret making this sauce. When you add them to the pasta it has a rich red colour and it gives a vibrant coloured finish to it. My elder one is not a fan of capsicum but he also has approved of this sauce.
This sauce is done by roasting the capsicum in the oven or on the stove top and while doing it the whole house is filled with the awesome smell. It is a sweet smell that always wants you to have more of the dish with this sauce.
- Red Capsicum – 3 Nos.
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Pepper – Few Twists in a pepper mill
- Salt as needed
- Get all the ingredients ready.
- Preheat the oven to maximum temperature,. i.e., to 230 Degree C/450 Degree F. Line a tray with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Take the capsicum wash them and pat dry.
- Cut them lengthwise and go around the stem, so that the core comes out. Remove the white part and the seeds.
- Now just flatten the capsicum and place them in a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Cook them in the pre heated oven for 15 to 20 mins or until the top of the peppers get charred or blakened.
- Now remove the tray from the oven and then transfer them to a bowl and cover using a cling film. This helps them to sweat out and that inturn helps to peel the skin easier.
- After it cools down open the cling film and remove the skin from the peppers.
- Now put them into the blender along with the juices and add a tablespoon of olive oil and salt.
- Blend everything together. It need not be smooth.
- Now using a pepper mill just crush some black pepper to taste.
- The Red Capsicum Sauce is ready and this can be used to make pasta/spaghetti or it can be used as a dipping sauce or even as a pizza sauce. The usage is endless.
Note : Cutting the red capsicum and placing them like shown helps them cook evenly.
Cooking the capsicum until charred/blackened is very important. This gives an awesome flavour to the dish.
The sauce need not be blended smooth it can be a bit textured.
Adding sauteed garlic and onion along with some parsley before blending makes the sauce complete.
It can be freezed for later use. It stays fresh in the fridge for a week. Use clean spoons for scooping the sauce from the bottle.
Just add the sauce to boiled fresh beans or soaked and cooked dry beans or canned beans.
Red Capsicum Sauce (From Scratch) is ready to be used to make Pasta/Spaghetti and many more. Try and let me know if you liked it.