Finally I have managed to post (wink). Thanks for the support as I have somebody or the other visiing the blog everyday. Happy for that. Will try to post more often. Got busy with lot of things. Little one (Santosh) is at home for the last week and he keeps me busy. In order to keep him away from TV I have to play and do some activity and cooking also is in full pledge, so this is keeping me busy than normal.
This is a recipe of a no bake biscuit, nuts and chocolate brownie bars or slices. It is easy to make and is an option when there is no mood to bake. This is just perfect for a kids party as it is chocolatey and crunchy with the addition of nuts and dessicated coconut.
On wednesday my elder son(Harish) had a class party and he had to take sweets. He asked me to buy some candy or chocolates. I told him no and made these bars and as usual he was not sure if it would be good. But he got good reviews and a teacher even asked him the recipe, so he was happy.
Hope you all will try and let me know how much you liked it.
Cuisine: World | Category: No Bake Recipes/Kids Special | Prep time: 10 mins | Makes: 60 to 70 squares
- Digestive biscuits – 2 Cups (After breaking) or 250 g
- Condensed Milk – 1 Tin. (395 g)
- Dark Chocolate – 200 g
- Walnuts – 1/4 Cup
- Cashews – 1/4 Cup
- Dessicated Coconut – 1/2 Cup
- Cocoa Pdr. – 1/4 Cup
- Dark Chocolate – 200 g
- Vegetable Oil – 1 tsp.
- Take all your ingredients ready.
- Line a glassware with parchment paper and set aside.
- Now take the bisuits in a bowl and break them one by one and set aside.
- Chop the nuts of your preference and add them into the broken biscuits.
- Add the dessicated coconut and the cocoa powder also. Mix everything together.
- Take the condensed milk and dark chocolate in a saucepan and melt them in a low flame until well combined. Allow it to cool.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture into the biscuit mixture and mix everything well.
- Transfer the contents into the lined glassware or a pan. Allow it to set in the refrigerator for atleast 30 mins or until firm before putting the chocolate topping over it.
- To prepare the topping take chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and add oil to it and microwave it for 30 seconds and mix to form a chocolatey goodness.
- Then top it over the set bar and spread it evenly and allow it to firm in the refrigerator atleast 30 mins or until firm.
- After that take it out of the glass ware or pan with the lining and use a warm knife to make the slices.
- Enjoy the chocolatey goodness.
Note : Measure all your ingredients before starting.
If you have chocolate chips its ok to use it as such, but if you have the chocolate bars do break them into small pieces before melting.
Can use semi-sweet chocolate also but dark chocolate makes it chocolatey.
Nuts can be any type as you like. I mixed walnuts and cashews. Can use any one or many in combination as per your taste.
The colour of the bar really depends o nthe chocolate and the cocoa powder.
If you want a chewy consistency then replace 100 g of condensed milk with heavy cream & 1 tbsps of sugar or to taste. this makes it chewy and gooey chocolatey.
If the chocolate doesn’t get melted in one go then microwave in 10 seconds interval and keep mixing everytime until all chocolate is melted.
The number of pieces depends on the thickness and the size of the hedgehog bars also.
The Hedgehog Slices/No Bake Biscuit & Chocolate Bars is ready to be devoured. Try and let me know if you liked it.