Making a chocolate cake is very easy until we find the right recipe. Making the perfect sheet cake is just putting the batter in a baking tray and baking it until done. Actually I wanted to make a different cake for my hubby’s birthday so I tried a chocolate layered panna cotta cake and it came out well. The recipe I found was for a 10″ Springform pan, but I din’t have one in hand and just for this cake I din’t want to buy one. Instead I wanted to use my 6″ springfoam cake pan and make it, so I decided to tweak the recipe and use the same measurements but made the cake in a sheet pan, then cut and used as layers for the 6″ springform pan.
Last month I had a big bunch of guests at home and I wanted to make this as a dessert as it was a chilled cake and it tasted all goodness of chocolate. If making a cake then serving will be a problem so I finalised to make these cake with the panna cotta layered in shot glasses (One serving cups), which worked perfectly and all of them enjoyed. Without much ado lets get started as am sure all want to try this awesome dessert. I followed this recipe.
Do try and let me know if you liked it.
Suggestion:: Owning a measuring scale is very important when starting to bake. It makes a lot of difference and knowing how to measure the dry and wet ingredients correctly is another important aspect in getting good results while baking.
Chocolate Sheet Cake
Cuisine: World | Category: Baking/Dessert Recipes| Prep time: 20 mins | Preheat Temp: 160 Degree C | Baking Time: 20 mins | Size of Baking Tray: 22″ x 22″
- All Purpose Flour/Maida – 1 Cup + 1 tbsp
- Bittersweet Chocolate – 4 Ounce (Chopped)
- Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened) – 3 tbsp.
- Hot Coffee – 1/2 Cup
- Hot Water – 1/2 Cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp.
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp.
- Salt – 1/8 tsp.
- Oil – 1/3 Cup
- Sugar – 1/2 Cup
- Brown Sugar – 1/2 Cup
- Egg – 3 Nos. (Large)
- Sour Cream – 1/2 Cup
METHOD with VISUAL CLICKS
PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 160 DEGREE CELCIUS ::
- Note : Don’t tap and measure the flour. It will vary the amount of the flour and make the cake hard. Just fill it loose with the flour and remove the top extra layer using the back of a butter knife to level it.
- Sieve the dry ingredients to ensure they are lump free.
- Measuring scale is important as we need to take 4 ounce of dark compound chocolate. Chopping them ensures easy melting of the same.
- Hot brewed coffee is the filtered coffee. If you don’t have then prepare it with instant coffee powder (Add 1 tsp of coffee powder to 1/2 cup of hot water)
- The Batter will be runny so don’t panic.
- Check the cake in 15 mins as sometimes the time might differ from oven to oven. So it’s better to keep an eye. Insert a wooden skewer and if it come s out clean then the cake is done.
- This is the base for any dessert that needs thin layers of chocolate cake.
The Chocolate Sheet Cake is ready. Enjoy as it is with tea or make the Chocolate Layered Pana Cotta Shots. Await my next post on the pana cotta layering for making the shots. Until then do leave a comment if you liked it.